Thursday, January 8, 2009

Taco Bell

I want Taco Bell,

If I can't get it then I want some Tex-Mex. If I can't get that, I want some Mexican. I want anything close to it and I want it now : ). I have been searching for probably hours now for good pizza and good Mexican food. It virtually doesn't exist in Japan. I might have to settle with Hard Rock Cafe unless I browbeat my way onto a US military base. Taco Bell was introduced to Asia in the early 90's or late 80's, but it failed miserably. What is wrong with the people here? Don't they like cheap, tastey, and filling? YES! Of course they do... but I think I know what the problem is. Japanese people tend not to like spicey food, and when they think of Tex-Mex, they think of Mexican and spicey and don't try food they have heard Japanese people won't like. But most of the Japanese students here who have studied in the US really liked Taco Bell. So I think Taco Bell should try again.

I also want some Papa John's. They don't exist in Japan. There are some in Korea though, a more pizza friendly country. I guess I chose the wrong country to study in : ( The only good fast food resturant Tokyo has is Wendy's... and I guess Subway is good too... but that's it. They have Domino's and Pizza Hut here but I'd rather eat chilli every day than choke down those grease balls for twice the prices they should have. I like a lot of Japanese foods, but I get so tired of the same flavors. I am greatful for the fact that my stomache can handle McDonald's because otherwise, I'd probably die.

I need some greasy, nasty, unhealthy food every once in a while, because if I continute to eat healthy I'm going to be chronically constipated and fat. I know this makes no sense to most of you, but carbohydrates lubribate my metabolism. If I don't get them and in the most unhealthy way, my body shuts down, and it's only time before it starts producing fat. I try to eat as much carbohydrates as possible and am pleased to find my wait has stayed pretty stagnant. If anything I want a little more fat, but not here in Japan. Everyone is a toothpick just like me in Tokyo.

I simply much have my filling, cheap, and delicious Taco Bell. I'm afraid I'll gorge myself on it when I can, but it'll be soooooo worth it.

No comments: