Monday, May 25, 2009

Getting Behind

I have a terrible tendancy of getting behind and not being able to catch up again.... but the pressure is there all the long. I feel the terrible weight of my mistakes and my obligaitons hanging above my head ready to fall on me at any moment. The longer I wait, the heavier the load hanging above me seems and the more risky it seems for me to be standing beneath it. At times I just want to leave it behind and walk away, but I know that it is my responsability. It seems that so many other people orbit around it that it would be very uncaring of me to abandon. I want to cut that load down, divide it, and send all its peices in the right direction, but the thought of such a task oppresses my conscience. The reason the weight increases is becasue the longer I wait, the more I have to make up for. I don't think it is good to harbor up stress like this... perhaps things that bring delight, but not things that bring me stress. I guess I just need to turn things around. Do things I hate and harbor up the things I delight in. I shouldn't miss out on once in a lifetime opportunities either though.... both with things I dred and with things I enjoy.......... i guess I better get started.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When a burden is so great that it paralyzes you, just ask this question: What is the next thing that needs to be done? Then do that thing. Then ask the question again, and do that thing. It is only one step at a time... don't allow yourself to think beyond the next step. Any mountain can be moved if you do it just one spoonful at a time! Plus, when you ask God for help, He sometimes shows up with a front-end loader and moves it with you! :)