Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Codie Cat


I love my little Codie Cat and I miss her dearly. I have heard that there are tons of stray cats running aroung Tokyo but I have yet to see any. I just want to pet her again and although she is never as interested in it anymore, I want to play hide and seek with her... I just might have to find someone here who has a cat and try to substitute my love for Codie with my love for it instead. I don't want to forget how it feels to touch a cat and to relate with one. they are such precious creatures. And they're so cute. Oh how I miss my Codie!



I miss how she curls up under blankets and how she picks up her little rope and totes it around calling for attention. I miss her crazy eyes when I slide my hand out of her sight utop the couch. I miss her bug call as she switches her tail and watches the birds flutter beyond the sliding glass. I miss her obstanence in the face of rules due to both her curiosity and loving nature. I miss how she curls up at my feet when I read in my bed, and the routine we got into when I turned in for the night.




I would switch off the light and pretend to shut the door. Suddenly she would come running through the crack with a questioning pur. Ambling over to my sheets and sliding in, she would make her way to her food tray. Then she would tear off back into the darkened rooms of the apartment to initiate her call of loneliness. I would lay patiently as her voice drew closer and until when I could see the blurry shadow or her physique press through the door ajar. Halfway between a pur and a meow she would momentarily disapear beyond the edge of my matress, and then suddenly with a tiny coo she would emerge with her tiny rope in mouth and a loving blink in her eye.




She would startle me almost every time.




Then she would drop her rope as I would shift into a loose fetal position where she would wait until I was still and then drop into a warm ball of fur above my lap and pur loudly. this would last for a minute or two before she would jump down, nibble at her food once again and return off to the lonely darkness calling for a guiding light.




I hope she does not feel lost without me, and I hope that she can make herself at home with my mother as well. I know that she is familiar with that envirnment, so I'm sure she will be fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Codie is missing you, too. She watches for your door to open! I am leaving it open now, so she doesn't wear herself out.

But she is doing well and adjusting. She and I take a walk outside every day, where she rolls around on the bricks and eats the grass seed heads. She gets her "fwee-fwee" (and I have to say it like that) (Friskies) treat every night and has learned to go into the sunroom for bed.

She still carries that rope around and now curls up at my feet when I nap on the couch... and you are right: she waits until I get still!

Just the other night, there were five little wild kittens in the garden. I haven't seen them again, but they sure were cute! There was one for each of you: three black and two gray. Ashley has "called" a black one. Which one is yours?

I'll try to take some new pictures of Codie and post them for you!

Love,
Mom

Adam said...

Aw, Codie is so cute. I would much enjoy seeing new pictures of her : ) I like grey cats more than Black though.... Name it Xenia okay? If you see it again. I bet it's those ones we saw in the back yard one day...