Thursday, September 18, 2008

Japan!

Wow... wow... just wow... I'm in Japan and boy is it amazing. The people are so nice and its not as busy in Tokyo as I expected... And they drrive CRAZY! I wrote in my journal about my first experiences here, and I'm tranpose it here as soon as I can. I forgot to bring it with me today... I honestly didn't know I would be able to use the computer today... but I can and I'm soo happy.

Most of the other exchange students are from the US like me... there are two girls from France, a girl from Australia, and a guy from Canada. Everyone else is from the States. Everyone is so cool. They are all such good people. I am learning a lot about human nature as I am learning a lot about Japanese culture. Like for one thing... you don't hand your money to the cashiers here. you place it in a tray and they take it from there... I learned that the hard way with much apologies. Also you bag your own groceries and bought items. They give you bags and you walk over to a table with your hand cart to bag your things yourself. I guess its to minimize the wait in line... makes sense to me... now.

yesterday we went as a group to register with th government immigration stuff and to the bank to open an account, and we went to the top of the building and looked out the window. There really isn't just one center to the city, but different clusters with tall skyscrapers in the middle... Its was truely amazing looking down on it all...

Well I have to go now... I must meet my language exchange partner... bye bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ADAM! :)

It's good to hear a few tidbits! Keep posting so we can see what you're up to!

Thanks for calling me the other day. It was good to hear your voice. You sounded so calm and happy.

Love,
Mom